Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!



Well it has been a while since my last post but I have been busy. Christmas, the holidays etc. I have had some time off and have really started training Archer even more in the last few weeks. We are working on teeter positions, touch targeting and I have set up a pvc box to work on running A frame contacts. Baby steps for everything but I want a strong foundation for the best results! He is a hoot. We have a large snow storm about 2 weeks ago. 24 + inches. The dogs loved it. But Archer also found his love of mountain climbing. We have a large snow pile by our fence, I know it would be an issue and I tried to make it too steep to climb but clearing I failed. I let the dogs out and went back inside for about 5 minutes. When I came back, no Archer! at this point we had over 20 inches of snow on the ground. I called his name and he barked back! I followed his back to my neighbor's driveway. Quite a walk he took himself on considering the snow. Still not sure how he got that far that fast but as I should have named him bounce I guess I could guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment